So we’re going to make a video… That’s Wicked Cool! Making a video can be hard, but I make it fun and easy for you! Here’s what you can expect during the production process:
1. First we’ll meet by phone to discuss your project. We’ll review your specific goals and determine the appropriate style, format and length for your video. We’ll go over all of the options available to you (sizzle reel, welcome video, montage, speaker demo reel, animation, logo reveals, etc) and decide how to get the most impact, or the biggest bang for your buck. And speaking of bucks, we’ll also discuss the budget for the project based on the info and specifications you provide. I’ll provide you with an estimate for the project, and a 50% deposit will get things rolling!
2. Next we’ll have you complete the Online Video Strategy Assessment form. (Or we can do this together) This will help us clarify your video marketing objectives and will provide important details about the project – giving us both a ‘roadmap’ to follow as we begin production. I’ll also ask you to take a look at some samples from our video portfolio to see if a certain style resonates with you. You can view those samples here: www.loubortone.com/portfolio
3. Once the form is complete, our next phone conversation will be a “pre-production” meeting to determine what materials I need from you to get started. Materials typically include any raw footage you may have, images, logos, etc. Here we’ll also discuss the “storyboard” or script for your video. In some cases, we’ll develop a script and storyboard with you. Depending on the complexity of your project, a storyboard may or may not be necessary.
4. By now, we will have approved the script for your video. The script may also be in outline form, as long as the overall message and call to action for the video is clear.
5. If we’re creating a “sizzle” or animated video (my personal favorite), we’ll also discuss your branding, color palettes, style, look, feel and tone for the video. We can also discuss the style of the music or soundtrack that will accompany your video. More good news: I have hundreds of music tracks available to you from my extensive audio library.
6. In the event that you are voicing or narrating your own video – or if we are hiring professional voice talent to provide the Voice Over, we will work out where and how to get this recorded. Third party V.O. talent is not included in our production costs, so there will be an additional expense if we hire a professional announcer.
7. Now is when I go off into my Secret Video Headquarters and come up with some samples or themes for your video. If it’s an animated video or “motion graphics,” I usually start with a template and fully customize it with your text, images and graphics. This is where the magic happens!
8. Next, I’ll get you a “rough cut” of your video for your review and approval. You can make any changes and provide feedback so we can move to the final “revision” round. (Since we’ve done all of our planning up front, we usually nail this on the first or second try!)
9. Then we’ll make revisions based on your specific feedback, clean everything up and get it “web ready,” and deliver a final version to you! (We send the files via YouSendIt.com or share it on Dropbox.
10. Once approved, we send you the original video files (usually in .mov format) for you to add to your website, post on YouTube, etc. If you’re also a coaching client, we can also assist you with additional distribution strategies, marketing support, etc.
That’s it! We’re done! Now you’ve got a totally kick-ass video that will get you noticed and achieve your goals! Questions? Contact Lou directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long does the entire process usually take? That depends on the project and my current workload… I’ve done entire sizzle reels in as little as two days, though two weeks to two months is more realistic. We can create a time table and schedule that we’re both comfortable with. The end result is that you’ll be a happy camper!
READY TO START THE PROCESS? TAKE THE FIRST STEP HERE: http://www.loubortone.com/start-here